Wang-Wang Ko To

2007-05-03

Did Manny Pacquiao, also known in and out of the ring as Pacman, lose his mind? I'm just wondering. Why did he decide to run for congress?

I haven't seen or heard of Pacquiao involved in decision making so I am in no position to judge him. But, I still prefer someone who has spent his or her life studying our laws and our economical status.

It may be a good thing because Pacquiao is a rags-to-riches type of person so he probably knows what the real problems are and how it feels to be poor. I'd prefer that he knew a lot about business. I read somewhere that he was a baker before starting a career in professional boxing. But it didn't say if he ran the bakery.

So I did some googling on boxing-related brain damage. I found this article.
[...]as boxing involves powerful people hitting each other repeatedly, often around the head, there are other risks - most serious of all being permanent severe brain damage.

While other injuries repair relatively easily, brain tissue, once damaged, remains damaged.

The symptoms of such brain damage - commonly known as being "punch drunk" - include slurred speech, slow reactions and even occasional blackouts.

Although Pacquiao doesn't have slurred speech or slow reactions yet. I'm still wondering if there was one blow that shook his head. What do you think? Would you vote for Pacman?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home